I’ve been pretty busy, so I haven’t had time to do much research for a more in-depth article. Instead, I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite things about my dog, Luca. He has so much personality and does so many silly things, some of which I’ve never seen a dog do before. Suffice to say, he’s a lot of fun to be around.
1. Luca enjoys laundry fresh from the dryer. He will grab clothing items or towels out of the basket and rub his head on them or roll around on them. Letting him rub the laundry into the (potentially dirty) floor with his (sometimes slimy) face might not be the cleanliest course of action, but he’s so cute, I don’t have it in me to stop him.
2. Similar to warm laundry, he also likes wet towels and wash cloths. After I shower, he waits for me to take my towel off (although at this point I just give it to him). He then proceeds to roll around on it and rub his face in it as he does with warm laundry. He especially likes the towels that come out of my hair. I happened to capture this particular quirk of his on camera. Do enjoy.
3. Every night before bed, I let the dogs out. When Luca comes inside, he smells my hands to see if I’ve put any food in his bowl in my room (I have to feed him before bed or he is likely to puke in the morning). If he can smell the kibble on my fingers, he goes racing into my room for his midnight snack.
4. Luca actually chews his food. Therefore, he runs away with any treat he gets. Often, pieces of the treat will fall out of his mouth onto the floor, so he obviously has to keep his prize away from the other dogs. I don’t know why this is cute but it just is. Perhaps it’s because my Labs just swallow everything whole.
5. He likes to sleep under my bed. I even put a dog bed under there for him.
6. He sniffs his butt after he farts.
7. Since he was a puppy, he’s always enjoyed rolling around on his back and getting his belly rubbed while he chews on a toy.
8. Sometimes he sleeps on his back with his belly in the air. I know lots of dogs do this, but that doesn’t make it any less cute (or silly-looking).
9. Sometimes he puts one foot on top of the other when he stretches.
10. When I have a treat, he performs certain tricks (shake, high-five, and sit pretty usually) before I ask him to.
11. He sits on the back of the couch as if he’s a small breed. When he watches out the window, I call him a baby sentinel.
12. This particular quirk isn’t cute, but it’s kind of funny. Luca doesn’t close his eyes all the way when he’s asleep, and you can usually see them rolling around in his head. There’s something hilarious about most of his face looking adorable, but then his eyes looking like something out of a horror film.
13. He loves to play chase, and when you follow him he runs away with his tail sticking straight up in the air.
14. He loves his sisters.
15. He is curious about EVERYTHING. He stands on his hind legs to see what you have, and he always has to investigate the contents of any bags you bring home.
16. I’m sure everyone can attest to this one: when dogs wag their tails during sleep, it is the CUTEST THING EVER.
17. He has a pretty funny reaction to things like nail polish and lavender essential oil.
I know it’s not much, but I hope you enjoyed the descriptions, photos, and videos of my dog doing cute and or silly things. 🙂